Perform duties to perform a variety of landscaping and groundskeeping activities, and provide preventative maintenance on the heavy equipment used, complying with instructions and prescribed routines, methods or procedures and involving the making of minor decisions.
- Work from written and verbal work orders and diagrams.
- Maintain certification for airfield access having completed the computer-based training, and passing airfield familiarization of markings test. Learn how to communicate with the Tower while working on the airfield. Ride-on mowers or work on the airfield with a co-worker who is fully trained on the job.
- Participate in activities to perform daily preventative maintenance on tractors. Grease, blow out the filter, check radiator and tires, check fluid levels, check gearbox, and sharpen blades.
- Maintain assigned tractor. Conduct pre-check, and blow out tractor at end of shift.
- Perform landscaping activities as assigned including installing plants, mowing with the tractor or boom mower, edging, weed eating, trimming bushes and trees, or irrigation repairs. Maintain constant contact with tower when in safety areas.
- Spray herbicides as directed in defined areas.
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- Maintain a safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Use hand and hand power tools, radio, designated safety equipment, tractor, yard truck, pallet jack, forklift, and hoist.
- Full Time
- United States (Preferred)
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Retirement Plan, Paid Time Off
Typical Start Time
Typical End Time
- Monday to Friday